Friday, November 28, 2014

Mind for a Mop?

I have really enjoyed reading these two articles:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865587127/A-womans-education-is-not-wasted-in-the-home.html?pg=all

http://www.dennisprager.com/does-a-full-time-homemaker-swap-her-mind-for-a-mop/

I really enjoyed reading these articles, because this was a topic that I have thought a lot about as I have considered obtaining a Master's Degree. I agree with both articles. Having a full-time parent benefits the child. The more educated a woman is, the more beneficial that she can be to her child. She has so many skills and insights to pull from. I also really enjoyed reading that a mother should continue to stimulate her mind. She should read and study, keep current with the news. This helps her to progress and helps to benefit the children as well. I really liked reading this because I no longer feel "guilty" for wanting to pursue more school, because even if I do not become involved in the professional career, my knowledge and skills will benefit my future family.

No comments: