Friday, October 24, 2014

Dating

Being 23 and attending BYU-Idaho, I get the question, “Are you dating anyone?” quite frequently.Dating is annoying. I don’t even know what it is anymore. I learned something in class this past week that I really enjoyed. It is called the 3 P’s of Dating.
They are:
Paid for
Planned
Paired off
In, “The Family: A Proclamation to the World,” it states that a father’s role is to protect, preside, and provide. Take a look at this correlation.
Paid for---Provide
Planned--Preside
Paired off--Protect

I had never made this connection before. You marry who you date. Dating provides experience to prepare for the roles that both women and men have within the family. Dating also gives us an indicator about how a person will fulfill their role in a marriage.

No comments: